Thursday, March 22, 2012

My third riding lesson…..in pictures

                                                                                
                   Boot                             Shorty                     
                        Got the boots                                          “ Got  Shorty”
1st hoof cleaning                First hoof cleaning
                      After brushing I got a lesson in cleaning hooves.

 Does that feel good              Having a chat 
 Grinning              IMG_2004
                                   Just Horsin’ Around before saddling up
     Saddling up Shorty       putting on the blanket
    Letting Shorty smell the blanket               Putting on the blanket
    saddling up         chewing gum
                                                         Saddling up                                               
     IMG_2021         Lessing the girth
                     Taking Shorty for a walk to loosen his girth
       walking round      good times
                    Robyn is walking Shorty and me around the round pen
       IMG_2055       riding
        I have the reins. We rode around the round pen and in figure 8s.
          riding_2056     IMG_2058
                                            Riding. And oh what a ride it is.
               IMG_2054              IMG_2060
                           Robyn is showing me how to hold the reins
        Getting off of Shorty   IMG_2066    IMG_2068
                Getting off                  Thanking Shorty             Having a chat.
                              IMG_2069         IMG_2070 
                                                      and love, love, love..
                                            IMG_2092
                                                                  The end.

Photos courtesy of Simple Journeys Photography.
Clarksville, Texas.

2 comments:

  1. The first ride of many, I hope! What a great thing to do!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best blog post, evah!!! Love how you told the story.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I am a momma. A wife. A lover of the arts even though I'm not good at them. Have always wanted to learn to ride, and now at 34 I am doing it!